Discover Why Our Workforce is the Best in the Nation
DEVELOPING THE BEST WORKFORCE IN THE NATION
“We are experiencing a historical transformation in the workforce system.”
– Ed Castille, Director AIDT
Work as we know it is changing.
In 2017, the Institute Of The Future estimated that around 85% of the jobs that today’s learners will be doing in 2030 haven’t been invented yet. Because of this ever-evolving work system, students are graduating high school without the employability skills required for the 21st century job market.
That means traditional education as it stands will not properly prepare students for the jobs in demand post-graduation. With a statewide transformation in work, we need a statewide transformation in training.
Our vision is for every high school student in Alabama, no matter their economic status or chosen career path, graduate with the leadership, academic, and career skills they need to succeed.
We believe companies should be confident in the rising workforce, so much so that Alabama becomes a high demand location to headquarter business.
Our hope is that employers can then provide on-the-job training that trains employees beyond the basics propelling Alabama’s workforce to be the best in the nation.
State Officer Leadership Program
The leaders among leaders make up the active participants in the CTSO State Officer Leadership Program. State Officers are the elected/selected students who serve as the student voice and representation at the state level for their CTSO. This program includes:
Selection process where students demonstrate their qualifications and commitment to the state level position/leadership opportunity
Specialized leadership training meetings held in conjunction with other CTSO state leaders to encourage networking, collaboration, and synergy towards a common purpose
Access to a leadership coach who provides ongoing coaching, feedback and encouragement in their projects, initiatives, and goals for their term of service
CTSO specific and general leadership curricula that translate and transfer to future leadership opportunities in their career path
Integration with the overall priorities and initiatives led by the CTSO governing boards and teams/staff on vision, planning, and execution of CTSO programs and activities
After their term of service, state officer alumni continue to stay engaged with CTSOs as volunteers and supporters of CTSO programs.
According to the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE), “CTSOs play an important part in preparing young people to become productive citizens and to assume roles of leadership in their communities. These organizations provide a unique program of career and leadership development, motivation, and recognition for secondary and post-secondary students.”
CTSOs have been proven to be extremely valuable and effective instructional tools. Each CTSO reinforces workplace basics:
- Value of Education: CTSOs encourage student-led learning through professional development opportunities and conferences
- Reading, Writing, and Computation: Members have the opportunity to refine reading, writing, and computational skills through student-led CTSO chapters, attending conferences, and participating in competitive events.
- Communication: CTSOs encourage the development of public speaking, listening, and feedback skills through the competitive event aspect. In these events, students develop a presentation and pitch to a panel of judges. Students must also respond to questions and feedback provided by the judge.
- Creative & Critical Thinking: CTSO members practice their problem-solving skills by planning fundraising activities, community service projects, and chapter meetings.
- Teamwork: CTSOs provide group-oriented activities designed to help students with their interpersonal and team-building skills.
EDUCATOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Alabama CTSOs provides Alabama’s teachers opportunities for professional development. These programs are designed to offer solutions to challenges that are confronting the students, teachers, and industries we serve.
Connect With Us
MAKE AN IMPACT IN ALABAMA’S WORKFORCE BY INVESTING IN THE LIVES OF OUR STUDENT LEADERS